Tuesday 7 March 2017

How can we keep our host country clean?

This issue is something that is something I feel very passionately about but is something that impacts all of us so I thought I would see what you guys thought. Over the past few months, I have watched with increasing disappointment the growth of the litter problem here in our host country. I am a big fan of the outdoors and frequently take my children on day trips and camping trips to wadis, beaches, mountain environments and villages - all of which are becoming increasingly littered. I now take a bin bag with me wherever I travel and frequently find myself picking up litter before we settle in an area to camp or to play.

So I have been asking myself what are the solutions to this problem? What can we do about this as individuals? What can ABA as a school do? What can the government do? Our Eco Soc community clean ups have been well received but are they just a band aid solution. How do we address the root cause of the issue?

Below is a picture of the result of our latest clean up and a video of a turtle just off Marjan beach trying to eat a plastic bag!


As geography students, you have the potential to be change makers and innovators. So please comment with your suggestions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments