Tuesday 31 January 2017

Arnold Shwarzeneger "I don't care if you don't believe in climate change" but....

So Arnold Shwarzenegger, actor, producer and former governer of California has long spoken out about his feelings on the need to move to more sustainable energy use. He recently hit out on his facebook page at all the climate change deniers out there. What do you think of his argument? Here it is....

"There are always a few of you, asking why we should care about the temperature rising, or questioning the science of climate change.I want you to know that I hear you. Even those of you who say renewable energy is a conspiracy. Even those who say climate change is a hoax. Even those of you who use four letter words.
I've heard all of your questions, and now I have three questions for you.
Let's put climate change aside for a minute. In fact, let's assume you're right.

1. Do you believe it is acceptable that 7 million people die every year from pollution? That's more than murders, suicides, and car accidents - combined.
2. Do you believe coal and oil will be the fuels of the future? Besides the fact that they will run out. What is your plan then? I personally, want a plan. A clean energy future is a wise investment.
3. I have a final question, and it will take some imagination.
There are two doors. Behind door number one is a completely sealed room, with a regular, gasoline fueled car. Behind Door Number 2 is an identical, completely sealed room with an electric car. Both engines are running full blast. I want you to pick a door to open, enter the room and shut the door behind you. Then stay in that room for one hour with no gas mask. Which door would you choose?
I'm guessing you chose the Door Number Two, with the electric car, right? Door number one is a fatal choice - who would ever want to breathe those fumes?
This is the choice the world is making right now.
To use one of the four-letter words all of you commenters love, I don't give a damn
if you believe in climate change. I couldn’t care less if you're concerned about temperatures rising or melting glaciers. It doesn't matter to me which of us is right about the science.
I just hope that you'll join me in opening Door Number Two, to a smarter, cleaner, healthier, more profitable energy future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments